We are very much aware that getting good quality sleep and developing regular sleep patterns are important to our overall health and well-being. Good sleep = Good health.
On the other hand, not getting enough sleep can have a major impact on mood, our ability to concentrate and focus, our memory and our overall quality of life.
So, if counting sheep isn’t doing the trick, there are some simple things you can try to make falling asleep and staying asleep more achievable.
Tips for getting a good night’s sleep …
There are lots of things you can try, such as:
- making your bedroom an environment that’s a haven removed from the stresses of the day and as dark as possible
- keeping regular times for going to bed and getting up
- getting some sunlight during the day
- trying a calming bedtime routine. Have a warm bath, drink warm milk or herbal teas
- taking away all electronic gadgets, including phones, TVs and computers from the bedroom
- using lavender oil to promote a sense of calm
- meditating the last thing at night or writing in a gratitude journal
- reviewing your day over a couple of minutes like a show reel and then letting it all go as you prepare for sleep
For more information and ideas on how you can get a better night’s sleep visit: