HAVE YOUR SAY: Submit your letter to us, and we will hand deliver them when we travel to Canberra on Monday 5th September 2022.
Don’t miss the opportunity to let The Honourable Mark Butler MP, Federal Minister for Health, know why it’s important to have easy access to Thrombopoietin-receptor agonists (TPORAs), better known as Eltrombopag (Revolade) and Romiplostim (NPlate), for patients living with Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP).
We’ve drafted a letter below, which you can download and complete. Once done, email it to us at info@ITPAustralia.org.au
Dear Minister Butler,
I am writing in support of the recent Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) Recommendations for the removal of all restrictions of Thrombopoietin-receptor agonists (TPORAs), including Eltrombopag (Revolade) and Romiplostim (NPlate) for all patients living with the rare autoimmune disease Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP).
<I/My son/My daughter/My partner/My friend> <have/has> been living with ITP for (insert length of time) and during this time there have been challenges. (Add a sentence detailing the treatments you have had, your current status and any fears about what is next for your treatment program. Be sure to include your experience with trying to access this medication here).
Having all of the current restrictions removed on these treatment options means:
- improving patient Quality of Life
- patients will have hope that if their current treatment fails, access to these non-invasive treatments can be quickly accessed
- increased treatment access to patients living in regional, rural and remote locations across Australia
- patients will no longer be required to have their spleen removed on the chance that it may put them into remission – which is also not a lifelong guarantee
- access to these treatments will align with the new Australia/New Zealand Treatment Guidelines published by leading ITP Haematologists with the support of the Thrombosis and Haemostasis society of Australia and New Zealand (THANZ)
I thank the PBAC for making these recommendations and stress the importance that the Australian Government accepts and implements these changes as soon as possible. These treatments are life-changing.
Thank you for your time.
(Your Name, Email, Phone Numer – if you’d like to include it)
Publish Date: July 31, 2022